- Define metrics for The Three Simple Steps (Done – Installed Google Analytics)
- Experiment with audio and video versions of the blog (Not done)
- Finish up the tech stuff on this blog (This is a badly written goal. I can’t tell if I reached it or not)
- Create a nice landing page for www.thethreesimplesteps.com (Done!)
- Create a Facebook group for Three Simple Steps (Done)
The next goals were for 6 weeks from now (my birthday).
- Post a blog post (at least) 3 times a week. Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Build an audience of 1000 people for The Three Simple Steps (metrics to be defined later)
- Take on 15 clients.
- Publish my second Bobby Blinx novel: The Space Academy.
Big Effort 1: Malibu Triathlon 9/18
I’m not as ready for this Triathlon as I’d like to be. For several months I focused my workouts on weights and just did a little cardio. I haven’t been swimming much and I haven’t been biking much. I have under 2 weeks of training to go.
- I can swim (slowly) a half mile. I did it in the pool last week and I’m going to do it again today.
- I can bike 18 miles. My bike is awesome and the bike path is all along the coast. There are some long inclines but no crazy cut-back mountains.
- I can jog 4 miles (and if I can’t I can walk). Last year this was the worst part. I find that 5k is one mile longer than I want it to be. This thing is an extra mile on top of that and the finish line looked a lot closer than it was. Lot’s of folks who were ahead of me and on the way back encouragingly lied as I huffed past: “Almost there!”
- It won’t kill me…probably.
- Rewrite one chapter
- Hand it to the proofreader
- Get a cover designed
- Recruit a launch team
- Build anticipation
- Put it all together in a clean copy
I can do that in a month. right?
I have to get moving on this. I currently have 4 clients and I LOVE working with them. I am talking to a new one tomorrow. Everyone I have talked to has been very interested.
- I need to get the word out
- I need to get business cards
- I need to map out my curriculum
- Figure out what to do
- Do it